What is Neem?
What it is:
A highly prized key herb traditionally used in Ayurvedic and Unani medicine. Derived from the neem tree, all parts of the tree (flowers, leaves, twigs, nut oils, etc.) have been used in India since 2000-4000 BC. It contains antioxidants, Vitamin E, and essential fatty acids.
Properties & Benefits:
- Moisturizes skin and soothes dryness + eczema
- Improves acne
- Promotes the healing of wounds
- Slows down the growth of viruses
- Provides pain relief
- Reduces signs of inflammation
- Eliminates the growth of microorganisms
Sunita Passi, Ayurvedic coach & founder of Tri-Dosha, notes that, “Neem is an incredible anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal treatment that has been used for centuries in Ayurveda. It’s also very cleansing for the skin.”
Find it in: